I think this Roasted Golden Beet Ricotta Toast is the best snack when you need an afternoon pick-me-up. Simply toast your bread, spread it with a thick layer of ricotta, top it off with roasted and sliced golden beets, and finish it off with a drizzle of honey.
For the last few weeks, I feel like I signed up for more than I can chew. It is scary to think how many things I have got going on at the same time. That is why I am keeping it short and simple today. Just like this roasted golden beet and ricotta on toast. It is easy and quick to make and a great way to snack when you need a healthy and delicious pick-me-up.
If you are a lover of beets, you will love this snack. I personally love the taste of golden (or yellow) beets as they are sweeter, but this recipe would work with any color of beets.
About this Roasted Golden Beet Ricotta Toast Recipe:
To make it, I wrapped up my beets individually in aluminum foil after drizzling them with a little olive oil and sprinkling them with salt and pepper. After 20-25 minutes in a 425-degree oven, they were ready. As they were roasting, I toasted a few slices of bread and spread them with a thick amount of ricotta cheese. Once the beets were cool enough to handle, I peeled the skin and sliced them into ½ inch slices. I topped each toast with a handful of arugula, placed the beet slices on top, sprinkled with salt and pepper and finished them off with a drizzle of honey.
If you are like me, mostly working from home, this is a great way to treat yourself. I serve mine with a cup of green tea as an afternoon pick-me-up right around the time (like 4 -4:30pm) I feel like I need a little boost to get through the rest of the day. And let me tell you, it works like magic every time.
Serves 4 slices
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 4 Golden Beets, scrubbed and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt, plus more for seasoning at the end
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground, plus more for seasoning at the end
- ¼ cup tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 4 slices of multi-grain bread, lightly toasted
- ¼ cup fresh arugula leaves, rinsed and spin dried (optional)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper (for easy cleaning).
- Cut four 8-10-inch square aluminum foil. Place a golden beet in the middle, drizzle with ½ tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle it with salt and pepper. Cover it tightly with aluminum foil. Repeat the same process with the rest of the beets.
- Place covered beets on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 25-35 minutes or until they are easily pierced with the tip of a knife.
- Unwrap the beets and let them cool for 10 minutes on the kitchen counter. Gently remove skins and slice each beet into ½ inch slices.
- Divide the ricotta cheese amongst 4 slices of bread and spread to create a thick coat.
- Top each slice off with a handful of arugula leaves, if using. Place one sliced beet on each slice of toast. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle each toast with honey. Serve immediately.